NOTICE OF JOB OPPORTUNITY
Graduation from an accredited college or university with a bachelor’s degree in Computer Sciences or a related field supplemented by two years of experience in the design and development of computerized systems, or an equivalent combination of training and experience is required, provided that the minimum degree requirement is met.
- An applicant must be an actual resident of the City of Chicago. Proof of residency will be required at the time of employment.
- Applications must be submitted by the individual applying. No second party applications will be accepted.
- Conducts analysis of data stored in the database and makes recommendations relating to performance and efficiency of that storage;
- Monitors and administers database security by adding and removing users; administering quotas, auditing and checking for security problems;
- Establishes the needs of users and monitors user access and security;
- Installs and tests new versions of database management systems; controls access permission and privileges;
- Develops and manages backup and recovery plans; ensuring that storage, archiving, backup and recovery procedures are functioning correctly;
- Functions as a liaison to the Department of Innovation and Technology and vendors on system installation and modification projects;
- Troubleshoots systems and hardware problems and resolves or coordinates with vendors for resolutions;
- Coordinates the set up of Internet, Intranet and E-mail accounts, writes programs to create management reports;
- Assists in identifying computer hardware and software needs of users and recommends cost efficient means for meeting those needs;
- Oversees the purchase, installation and configuration of new hardware and software systems ensuring system security.
To apply for this job title do NOT use the City of Chicago online application. Follow these five steps:
- Write to: email@example.com
- In the subject line, type in the job title for which you are applying;
- Submit your cover letter for this job title;
- Attach your resume; and
- If available, attach a writing sample and college and/or graduate school transcripts.
To be considered for this position you must provide all the information listed above. If you fail to provide this information at the time you submit your application, your submission will be incomplete and you will not be considered for an interview. Application materials will only be accepted by e-mail at: firstname.lastname@example.org. If there is more than one open position in which you are interested, you may apply for more than one title by submitting an individual e-mail for each title. Repeat instruction steps one through five with each e-mail.
THE CITY OF CHICAGO IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER