NOTICE OF JOB OPPORTUNITY
Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor’s degree in Criminal Justice or a directly related field, supplemented by five years of progressively responsible legal investigation experience including two years of supervisory experience, or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- An applicant must be an actual resident of the City of Chicago. Proof of residency will be required at the time of employment.
- A copy of a valid state of Illinois driver’s license must be submitted at the time of application.
- Applications must be submitted by the individual applying. No second party applications will be accepted.
- Under direction, the Chief Investigator manages an Investigative team in the Inspector General’s Office.
- Directs staff engaged in conducting investigations and interviewing witnesses regarding allegations of criminal and administrative violations by City employees and those doing business with the City.
- Oversees all investigations performed by investigative team.
- Works with the Director of Investigations to determine strategies and direction of investigative work.
- Prepares work schedules and staff assignments and determines work priorities.
- Monitors case assignments to ensure investigations are timely and comply with established quality control standards.
- Develops and implements work standards, policies and procedures for conducting investigations and conducts staff performance evaluations.
- Coordinates and conducts staff training on investigative practices and procedures.
- Advises Investigators on interviewing problem witnesses, effective investigative methods and testifying as a witness.
- Prepares management reports on the status of investigations and unit activities.
- Participates in preparing final investigative reports upon completion of investigations.
- Performs related duties as required.
To apply for this job title do NOT use the City of Chicago online application. Follow these five steps:
- Go to e-mail address email@example.com
- In the subject line, type in the job title for which you are applying;
- Submit your cover letter for this job title;
- Attach your resume; and
- Attach a writing sample and college and/or graduate school transcripts.
To be considered for this position you must provide all the information listed above. If you fail to provide this information at the time you submit your application, your submission will be incomplete and you will not be considered for an interview. Application materials will only be accepted by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. If there is more than one open position in which you are interested, you may apply for more than one title by submitting an individual e-mail for each title. Repeat instruction steps one through five with each e-mail.
THE CITY OF CHICAGO IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER